We help individuals with disabilities and the elderly to enhance their quality of life, and help them to become as independent as possible
At Strive for Indpendence, we provide home health care services in the Northeast Ohio area to individuals who need help in their homes.
Our senior care and disability services include:
- personal care such as hygiene and grooming, bathing and dressing
- Having healthy and engaging conversations
- Transportation to locations such as grocery stores
- Performing household tasks and cleaning
- Meal preparation and planning
- background checks completed
- At least three years experience working in peoples homes or trained by someone who has five years experience
- First aid and cpr certified
- Medication administration certified
- At least 18 years of age
- Have a High school diploma or GED
- Have a Personal reliable vehicle that they are willing and able to use to transport individuals
- Have a Valid drivers license and car insurance, and Fewer than 6 points in the last two years on their motor vehicle record
In 1993 Michelle Murphy’s youngest of two sons was diagnosed with autism. She knew she needed to learn more about this right away and learned through books, conferences and materials.
In 1995 she started in residential services at the local county board to dive deeper into understanding and helping others. After 15 years of service in the county board she knew she still wanted to help others in the home and community. She had encouraged her oldest son, through her actions, to further himself in the field of home care as well.
She spent the next six years working in management for a home and community based services provider learning more about the field and how services are properly provided.
In 2016, Strive for Independence was born out of a need for more available agencies to serve individuals with disabilities in their homes and in the community. This need continues today and we continue to serve this great need for seniors and individuals with disabilities.
Owner and president, acting CEO
Owner and VP of HR and Marketing
VP of Operations and Area Management
VP of Finance